Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Final First year project...

I want to continue the portraiture from ranking but also to bear in mind the use of light to create different effects and also the use of materials for painting. What can I use instead of a brush?
Here I laid down masking tape and painted over with a a mid brown orange tone. After I peeled off the masking tape (with great difficulty) I was left with white areas portraying the lightest areas on my face.
I then layed down darker tones using pieces of card.

Here I watered down the different tones of  paint, poured it onto the surface of the page and then tried to manipulate it before it dried. It actually took almost a week to fully dry.
I am really happy with this life painting. I used little pieces of wood to do the entire piece and am really happy with the effect it gave. I used a LOT of paint but I think it was worth it.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment